- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Rosita.
2. History: An old variety. Developed in Puerto Rico by the Agricultural Experiment Station in Rio Piedras in the 1940s.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Short bush, growing 1.6-2 feet (50-60 cm) tall. Thick stem, large green leaves.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to tie the bush. The plant is strong but it can fall because of heavy fruits.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated and thick cylindrical fruits. Weight: 5.3-8.8 oz. (150-250 g) and more, up to 17.6 oz. (500 g).
6. Color: Lavender purple, lavender, pink and lavender. The flesh is snow-white.
7. Flavor Profile: The flesh has a pleasant taste with no bitterness.
8. Culinary Use: An all-purpose eggplant variety being perfect for frying, stewing or canning.