Eggplant "Early Black Egg"
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Early Black Egg.
2. History: An old variety from Japan.
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Short bush, growing 1.6 feet (50 cm) tall. Thin stem. The stems and stalks are blue due to anthocyanin and the leaves are dark green.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to tie the stems. This is a bush-type variety.
5. Shape and Weight: The fruits are of a teardrop shape being thin near the stem end and round in the upper part. Weight: 3.5-5.3 oz. (100-150 g).
6. Color: Dark violet. The flesh is greenish.
7. Flavor Profile: Very delicious when young. It is recommended not to wait for the fruits to grow heavier than 5.3 oz (150 g) as the seeds may become too hard. It is preferable to pick them when they are the same size as the fist. The flesh may be a little bitter so you use some salt to remove the bitterness and wait for a few minutes. This bitterness is a sign showing that this is an old variety. But this is an early variety with fruits of an interesting shape and with a nice taste. If you fry them, they will taste like mushrooms.
8. Culinary Use: An all-purpose eggplant variety being perfect for frying, stewing or canning.