Tomato 'Snezhnaya Skazka'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
A variety with small fruits being a perfect choice for canning!
1. Original Name: Снежная Сказка, or Snezhnaya Skazka (Snow Fairy Tale).
2. History: Bred by Vladimir Dederko. Specially developed for northern regions with their short summer. Entered on the State Register of the Russian Federation in 2006.
3. Plant Specifications: Early for a greenhouse or medium early for outdoors. You can grow these plans between tall bushes of other varieties in a greenhouse. Super-determinate short dwarf bush, growing 1.6-2.3 feet (50-70 cm) tall. Thick and firm stem, rugose regular leaf. Regular truss, 5-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required! When the plant begins producing fruits, it is recommended to tie the bush otherwise it may fall on the ground because of heavy fruits. You can also mulch the plant using agrotextile and do without staking.
5. Shape and Weight: Slightly flattened round fruits. Weight: 1.8-2.8 oz. (50-80 g).
6. Color: The fruits are milk-white at the mature-green stage. They turn red when fully ripe. Red in a cut as well.
7. Flavor Profile: A good choice for those who like common red tomatoes. A well-balanced sweet and acidic taste. Tomato flavor. The flesh is sandy, buttery and soft.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for early fresh salads! Ideal for canning. The skin is not thick but firm. Keep well for about 3-4 days after harvesting.
Snezhnaya Skazka is a stable variety. A heavy cropper being cold tolerant and resistant to diseases. This tomato is a true Siberian pride being perfect for busy people with country houses.