Tomato 'Sierra Leone'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
Greetings from Africa to you passes this tomato flower.
1. Original title: unknown, but renamed in honor of the country Sierra-Leone. Also can be called Sierra Leone.
2. Story: these tomatoes were sold at the farmers ' market in the West African country Sierra-Leone. Some Julia Swanson bought the fruit and saved the seeds. She shared these seeds with one of the members of the SSE, then the seeds were received by Tatyana Kushnareva (a famous canadian collector) in 2009. The variety is named after the country of Sierra Leone.
3. Characteristics of plant: ripening period is middle. It is a crop give in the greenhouse. But not a bad show in the open ground. Bush indeterminate, tall, 150-170 cm, the Trunk is thick, the sheet is simple. Floral brush simple, down to 4-5 fruits.
4. How to shape: to achieve good fruit size, it is desirable to form 1-2 stalks. Pasynkovat and tie required.
5. The shape and weight of the fetus: corrugated 'accordion', pleskuciu, ribs deep. In often hollow. Fruit weight 200-250 grams.
6. Tomatoes color: bright red. In the context are also red.
7. Palatability: tomato Sierra-Leone slavocracy, not sour. The flavor of the tomato. The structure of the pulp dense, sand, little juice.
8. Usage: especially good for stuffing with any filling. Can also be used for freezing. A beautiful festive table decoration. Picked clean from the small amounts of juice and seeds, the pulp can be jerked. As well thick sauces and pasta. Stored fruit well, up to a week. The skin does not crack.
Variety of Sierra Leone is stable. Attracted by the beauty of the fruit and their unusual use in the kitchen.