Tomato 'Schimmeig Creg'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Schimmeig Creg. Also known as Striped Rock.
2. History: Developed by well-known tomato breeder Tom Wagner in 1983. The original name of the variety was T-2. But in 1985 Tom Wagner changed the name for Schimmeig Creg, which means 'Striped Rock' in the Manx. This name corresponds to the fruit characteristics!
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season but it can mature early if the weather conditions are good. Perfect for growing outdoors. Indeterminate bush, growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required.
5. Shape and Weight: Oval fruits. Weight: 3.5-7 oz. (100-200 g).
6. Color: The fruits are of an exotic color having golden stripes on the red background.
7. Flavor Profile: Moderately sweet with a tomato flavor. The flesh is very firm and meaty, and there are few seeds and little juice. Sugary in a cut.
8. Culinary Use: These tomatoes are amazingly firm. The fruits do not crack and can keep well. A good choice for markets. Perfect for sun-drying and making thick paste and ketchup. Also good for canning.