Tomato 'Reinhard's Green Heart'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Reinhard’s Green Heart.
2. History: A variety originating from Germany. Developed by German tomato breeder Reinhard Kraft in 2007 from a cross between Cherokee Green and a pink tomato with heart-shaped fruits.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Heart-shaped fruits with flat tips. Weight: 7-14.1 oz. (200-400 g).
6. Color: The fruits are light-green and look just the same as unripe fruits. In case of over-ripening, the upper part of the fruits gains a pink spot, which can go further in the flesh. To understand whether your fruits are already ripe, you need to plant the bushes in a well visible place and to touch them now and them. If they are soft just like other tomatoes, they are ripe. After you have tasted them for the first time, you will know for sure when it is time to pick your tomatoes.
7. Flavor Profile: The flesh is very juicy, sweet and buttery, and the fruits have a fruity flavor.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for very delicious salads. Also a good choice for juices and sauces. An unbelievable, unusual and truly exotic variety.