Tomato 'Orange Strawberry'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Orange Strawberry. Also known as German Orange Strawberry.
2. History: A variety from the USA. The seeds were discovered by Marjorie Morris (Indiana, USA) as a stray seed in a pack of Pineapple tomato seeds. Marjorie sent them to Dr. Carolyn Male who offered this variety for the Seed Savers Exchange Yearbook in 1995.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate tall bush, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to two or three main stems, and pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: The trusses produce very beautiful large heart-shaped fruits. The first trusses can produce fruits weighing up to 14.1-21.2 oz. (400-600 g). The weight of other fruits is 7 oz. (200 g).
6. Color: Bright orange.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with refreshing tartness and a tomato flavor being rather mild. The flesh is firm, meaty and buttery, and there are very few seeds.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads, snacks and making paste and sauces.