Tomato 'Lemon Tree'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
If you put these tomatoes next to small lemons, your guests will be really surprised!
1. Original Name: Lemon Tree.
2. History: The only thing that is known is that it was mentioned in a French yearbook in 2013 as a good replacement tomato for old heirloom varieties. However, this is not a recent variety.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing 6 feet (180 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Double truss, with up to 20 fruits per truss. A real bunch of lemons.
4. Training Instructions: You can train the bush to one or two main stems. However, your clusters will be more beautiful if you train the plant to one stem only. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: The fruits are of a unique shape as they are lemon-shaped being round Roma fruits with the tips resembling those of lemons. They often have a longitudinal groove going from the stem end and dividing the fruit into halves, which is a sign of two seed cavities. Weight: 1.8-2.8 oz. (50-80 g).
6. Color: Lemon yellow. The flesh is light yellow.
7. Flavor Profile: An unusual taste being slightly sweet and tart. A refreshing tomato flavor with a mild lemon aftertaste.
8. Culinary Use: A good slicer. Perfect for fresh salads and canning whole tomatoes.
This is a stable variety, and its clusters were amazing. The only tomato that really looks like another fruit both by its color and its shape and taste.