- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Kibits. Also known as Kiebitz or Kibic.
2. History: A recent variety of an unknown origin. According to some sources, this variety was developed by Polish tomato breeders. According to other sources, the variety originated from Russia. It is a commercial tomato in Eastern Europe. The word 'Kiebitz' means 'plover' in German.
3. Plant Specifications: The plants produce a heavy crop of small pepper-shaped tomatoes. It is just what you need for canning. The clusters look like grapes. Early-season. Growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall. Regular truss.
4. Training Instructions: No training is required but staking is a must.
5. Shape and Weight: The clusters produce a lot of long pepper-shaped fruits. They look like large clusters of grapes. Weight: 1-2 oz. (30-60 g).
6. Color: Bright red without any green spots near the stem end.
7. Flavor Profile: Gentle and pleasant taste being slightly sweet, with a tomato flavor. The flesh is firm and sugary in a cut, and the fruits have few seeds and flesh only, which is most important for canning.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for canning, fresh salads, snacks and side dishes, or for making thick ketchup and sauces. A good choice for freezing.