Tomato 'Green Zebra Cherry'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Green Zebra Cherry.
2. History: Green Zebra Cherry is a real catch for those who love exotic cherry tomatoes! The only thing known about the origin of this variety is that it was discovered by Manfred Hahm in a box with a mix of cherry tomatoes shipped from the Netherlands and bought at a local store in Germany. Green Zebra Cherry tomatoes are now grown in our gardens and we enjoy their unusual appearance and pleasant taste. This variety should not be confused with Green Zebra developed by Tom Wagner as Green Zebra tomatoes are much larger.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. This variety is very prolific. There are 6-7 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Round fruits. The average weight of the fruits is 1-1.4 oz. (30-40 g) but it can be up to 1.6-1.8 oz. (45-50 g) if you take good care of the plants.
6. Color: Multicolored fruits with distinct yellow and orange streaks on the green background. The fruits are green in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with a pleasant flavor. The flesh is juicy.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh and canning.