Tomato 'Dwarf Tennessee Suited'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
A striped dwarf variety being perfect for those who love beautiful and tasty tomatoes and short bushes.
1. Original Name: Tennessee Suited.
2. History: Bred by the Dwarf Tomato Project. It originated from a cross between Rosella Purple and Pink Berkeley Tie Dye made by Patrina Nuske Small and was originally named as Tidy. Later renamed as Tennessee Suited. Released in 2016.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Perfect for growing outdoors. Determinate dwarf bush, growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall. Thick stem, broad rugose regular leaves. Regular truss, 3-4 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No training (pruning) is required. The bushes are compact and suckers do not grow fast. It is enough just to tie the longest stems to the horizontal support structure from above.
5. Shape and Weight: Salad-type beefsteak fruits, sometimes with shallow ribs near the stem end. Weight: 5.3-7 oz. (150-200 g).
6. Color: Swirls of green stripes later turning olive-green on the purple and violet background. Very beautiful. Dark pink and purple in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: An amazing sweet taste with a bright spicy flavor. The flesh is buttery, soft and juicy. Very delicious.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh and rich salads, juices, sauces and paste. Ideal for canning. Fruits do not keep well. Their skin is thin and may crack.
We liked Tennessee Suited both for the shape of its bushes and for the color and taste of its fruit. The bushes are tidy and it is not too hard to tie them. The fruits are full-flavored. It has proved to be a stable variety.