Tomato 'Dwarf Summertime Green'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Dwarf Summertime Green. Also known as Summertime Green.
2. History: A release by the Dwarf Tomato Project. Developed by Patrina Nuske Small of Australia from a cross between Green Giant and Golden Dwarf Champion. Selected by David Lockwood, who named the variety after his newborn daughter, Summer. Introduced in 2011.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Firm and middle-size dwarf bush, determinate, growing up to 4 feet (120 cm) tall. Large rugose leaves. A heavy cropper.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required. But it is necessary to tie the stems otherwise the bush may fall on the ground because of heavy fruits.
5. Shape and Weight: Large and smooth salad-type beefsteak fruits. Weight: 10.6-17.6 oz. (300-500 g).
6. Color: Light green. You can tell whether your fruits are ripe judging by their softness. Pale green with the pale flesh in a cut. This is one of the few green tomatoes with the fruits not turning bronze when fully ripe, which makes it really unique.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with pleasant tartness intensifying its taste. Pleasant fruity flavor resembling that of many other green tomatoes. The flesh is meaty and juicy enough.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh and canning as juices and sauces.