Tomato 'Drova (Дрова)'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Дрова, or Drova (Firewood).
2. History: A variety originating from Russia. Developed by Aelita, a Russian farming company. The name of this variety refers to the unusual shape of its clusters resembling that of a tiny pile of firewood. In fact, small bushes covered with long and smooth fruits resembling small logs do look like piles of firewood. Entered on the State Register of the Russian Federation in 2019.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Short and compact dwarf bush. Growing up to 2-2.6 feet (60-80 cm) tall when growing outdoors. Regular truss. The fruits ripen all together so the clusters are very heavy. This variety is an amazing cropper!
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to tie the stems bearing a lot of fruits.
5. Shape and Weight: Pepper-shaped fruits with bifurcated tips being up to 2.7-4 in. (7-10 cm) long. Weight: 2.8-4.2 oz. (80-120 g).
6. Color: Red without any green spots near the stem end.
7. Flavor Profile: Slightly sweet with a bright tomato flavor. The fruits have flesh only and are firm, meaty and sugary with very few seeds.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for canning whole tomatoes due to their convenient shape. Perfect for making thick ketchup and paste! Those who do not like juicy salads will love this variety. These long fruits are perfect for slicing and the slices are smooth and equal in size. Also perfect for freezing for use in winter. All this is very handy!