- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
An old variety, found after the great flood of the Ohio river in 1884. Memory.
1. Original title: 1884. This figure represents the year when was found the tomato.
2. Story: we only know that a Mr. James Lyde Williamson found this tomato in a pile of debris after flooding in West Virginia along the Ohio river. For the locals it was a real disaster, the river overflowed and flooded the house. Surprisingly, one of the memos about this trouble became a very good, old variety.
3. Characteristics of plant: ripening period is middle. For greenhouses and EXHAUST. Bush indeterminate, tall, up to 2 meters. The trunk is thick, the sheet is simple. Paintbrush is a simple, down to 3-4 of the largest fruit.
4. How to build: a grade of '1884' it is desirable to form 1-2 stalks. When rationing colors can get very large fruit. Pasynkovat and tie required.
5. The shape and weight of the fruit: shape flat-round, salad-type, sometimes with a rib near the stalk. Fruit weight on average 300-500 grams. But by examining this variety, note that the potential is there and up to 1 kg.
6. Tomatoes color: pink, in the context of the same.
7. Palatability: the taste is sweet sour, refreshing, pleasant. Aroma of sweet, tomato. The structure of the flesh is buttery, 'plum', melting in the mouth.
8. Use: excellent variety for salads and tomato juice!
The sort of '1884' proved to be stable, gave a good harvest of large fruit. The rope, which was tied up a grade, ended at the end of the harvest.