Tomato 'Rosella Purple'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Rosella Purple. This is a dwarf variety but the word 'dwarf' is usually not used in its name.
2. History: Bred by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project. A cross between Budai and Stump of the World made by Patrina Nuske Small (Australia). A subsequent selection was made by Craig LeHoullier, who also named this variety. Introduced as F9 in 2011.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. Determinate, medium-size bush, growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is recommended. However, staking is a must. The bush does not have a lot of main stems and the stems are robust. But you need to tie them to avoid their breaking or bending if the harvest is good.
5. Shape and Weight: Beefsteak fruits, with shallow ribs near the stem end in rare cases. Salad type. Weight: 3.5-7 oz. (100-200 g).
6. Color: Dark violet or purple. The flesh is purple and has greenish seed cavities.
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet and slightly tart, well-balanced. Fruity aftertaste. Juicy and buttery. Very delicious.
8. Culinary Use: Rosella Purple is ideal for salads and sauces.