- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Monterosa.
2. History: Developed jointly by Fitó, a seed company, and Gavá Group via its production company, Kopagro, and its trading company, Kopalmería. Monterosa is grown in the lands of Cabo de Gata (Almería, a town in the southeast of Spain). This variety is a cross between Pera de Girona and Costoluto Genovese, both of the ribbed beefsteak type, but the fruits of the first one are pink while the fruits of the other one are red.
The tomato breeders made an attempt to develop a variety being resistant to different diseases and cold tolerant but also having a good old taste resembling that of tomatoes from your childhood. The following website is devoted to this variety only: https://www.tomatomonterosa.com/
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. The truss is regular or can have a lot of stems. The first clusters are very productive. 5-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two or three main stems. Staking and pruning are a must. It is also necessary to tie the first clusters at least as they are very heavy.
5. Shape and Weight: Ribbed beefsteak fruits. Weight: 7-8.8 oz. (200-250 g) or even more.
6. Color: Pink. Pink in a cut as well.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart, well-balanced. Bright tomato flavor. The walls are thick and meaty. Almost all of the fruits are not hollow inside unlike some of the ribbed varieties.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, thick paste and sauces. There are no cracks on the skin so the fruits can transport well.