Tomato 'Golden Treasure'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Golden Treasure.
2. History: An old variety with the unknown history. A rare variety not being popular. Provided by Territorial Seeds Company (Oregon), a privately held company owned by Tom and Julie Johns. This variety is one of the best storage tomatoes.
3. Plant Specifications: Late season. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 4-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is preferable to train the bush to two or three main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Smooth beefsteak fruits. Weight: 5.3-9 oz. (150-250 g).
6. Color: Light-yellow with a tint of orange when fully ripe. The flesh is yellow.
7. Flavor Profile: Surprisingly tasty. Sweet and acidic, which is typical of most late season varieties. But the flavor keeps well even during storage. The flesh is sugary and slightly crispy. But this will become evident as the fruits ripe.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for New Year salads. As you know, vegetables from supermarkets contain a lot of nitrates that may cause nitrate poisoning. So do not run the risk and grow Golden Treasure tomatoes instead.