Tomato 'Dwarf Franklin County'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS1. Original Name: Dwarf Franklin County.
2. History: Related to the Dwarf Tomato Project. Back in 2007, Patrina Nuske-Small developed the Wishful line (a cross between Farmers Market Bicolor and Dwarf Recessive). Dwarf Franklin County was selected from this family by Susan Oliverson. Craig LeHoullier, Jeff Bayes and Jay Scott participated in the stabilization of this variety in 2007-2017.Introduced in 2018.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Perfect for growing outdoors and in containers. Short bush, determinate, growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall. Thick stem, small rugose potato leaves. There are 4-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required. It is recommended to tie all of the longest stems.
5. Shape and Weight: Flattened and round fruits, with rare ribs. Weight: 1-1.8 oz. (30-50 g). Its shape resembles that of larger varieties (known as beefsteaks) but its fruits are smaller in size.
6. Color: Bright red. The flesh is red in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart, well-balanced. Bright tomato flavor. Very juicy!
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for juicy salads, juices and sauces.