Tomato 'Atomic fusion'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
A unique color and amazing taste!
1. Original Name: Atomic Fusion.
2. History: A recent variety bred by Brad Gates of Wild Boar Farm (California, USA). Released for sale in 2017. This variety was one of the best at the National Heirloom Expo.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. It can produce fruits for a long time. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, thin regular leaves. Regular truss (double truss in rare cases). 5-6 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to one, two or three main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated plum-shaped (Roma) fruits with or without pointed tips. Weight: 1-2.1 oz. (30-60 g).
6. Color: The color is very unusual. Anthocyanin looks purple or lavender purple at the mature-green stage. It turns dark blue when the fruits are fully ripe. The remaining part of the fruits has olive-green stripes later turning brown and red. The yellow and green flesh gradually turns red in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: One of the sweetest tastes with pleasant tartness. Tomato flavor with a fruity aftertaste. The flesh is soft, buttery and sandy. The fruits are juicy.
8. Culinary Use: Delicious in fresh salads and snacks. Perfect for dish decoration. The fruits keep for a few days after harvesting. The fruits can stay on the bush for a long time without being spoiled.
Atomic Fusion is not quite stable because it is a recent variety. The shape of the fruits may change and the plants may produce small Roma fruits weighing about 0.7 oz. (20 g) or large Roma fruits weighing more than 2 oz. (60 g) like those shown in our photo. Brad Gates never specified the right weight of these fruits. They can have pointed tips or be rather plum-shaped.