Pepper "Jalapeno Red"
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Jalapeno Red.
2. History: Originating from the town of Jalapa, Mexico. Scoville scale: 2,500-8,000 SHU.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. It can produce fruits for a long time. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Short bush, growing 1.3-1.6 feet (40-50 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No staking or pruning is required. The bush is stable.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and smooth tapered or cylindrical pods. Weight: 0.7-0.9 oz. (20-25 g).
6. Color: The fruits are dark green at the mature-green stage and red when ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: You can eat the pods when they are green and not so hot. Ripe fruits are usually used to make hot paprika. The taste has a pepper flavor and is sweet and hot. The flesh is meaty, and the walls are thick.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh, making sauces, vinegar pickling or a spice for many dishes.