Pepper 'Jalapeno White'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: White Jalapeno.
2. History: Originating from the town of Jalapa, Mexico. Scoville scale: 2,500-8,000 SHU. In Mexico, this pepper is also known as Jalapeno Guero. The word 'guero' is a Spanish term for a blonde-haired girl or yellow color.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. It can produce fruits for a long time. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Short plant, growing 1.6-2.3 feet (50-70 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No staking or pruning is required.
5. Shape and Weight: Tapered fruits. Weight: 0.4-0.5 oz. (12-15 g). The fruits are 2-3 in. (5-8 cm) long.
6. Color: The fruits are white at the mature-green stage. You can eat the fruits at this stage. They mature to yellow and turn orange and red. In Mexico, they sell white fruits on local markets. The skin of fully ripe fruits is slightly firm.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet, juicy and crisp at first and later very hot. Pepper flavor. The walls are meaty and thick being about 0.08-0.1 in. (2-3 mm) thick.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh, making sauces and vinegar pickling.