Pepper 'Habanero Chocolate'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Habanero Chocolate. Also known as Congo Black, Habanero Negro or Black Habanero.
2. History: Originating from the Caribbean where it is used for making BBQ sauces and marinades. The most popular sauce is Jamaican Jerk sauce. Scoville scale: 425,000-577,000 SHU.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. It can produce fruits for a long time. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Medium-size plant, growing 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: No staking or pruning is required.
5. Shape and Weight: Cube-shaped fruits with ribs and wrinkles. Weight: 0.4-0.5 oz. (12-15 g). The fruits are 1.2-1.6 in. (3-4 cm) long and up to 0.8 in. (2 cm) wide.
6. Color: The fruits are dark green at the mature-green stage. Their color becomes very beautiful and turns to rich chocolate brown when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet, juicy and crisp at first and later extremely hot. It makes you sweat, flush and cry and your nose bleed. But its extremely bright exotic flower and fruity smoky flavor is a real pleasure. The walls are thin but one fruit will be quite enough for all of your guests. Keep your kids away!
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh or making sauces, pickles or hot paprika.