Pepper 'Biquinho Amarillo'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Biquinho Amarillo or Biquinho Orange. Also known as Biquinho Chili Pepper, Pimienta Perlas Biquinho, Pearl Chilli Peper and Chupetinho. The word 'Biquinho' is translated as 'little beak'.
2. History: Originating from Brazil. Scoville scale: 2,000 SHU.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. It can produce fruits for a long time. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Medium-size plant, growing 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall. The bush is wide and sprawling and the small fruits do not bend the stems.
4. Training Instructions: No staking or pruning is required.
5. Shape and Weight: Tear-shaped fruits with long sharp pointed tips resembling bird beaks. Weight: 0.07 oz. (2 g). The fruits are 0.4-06 in. (1-1.5 cm) long.
6. Color: The fruits are green at the mature-green stage. They turn bright orange when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet, juicy and crisp at first and later slightly hot. Young fruits may have no heat at all. The longer they remain on the plant the more heat they will get. Very bright exotic fruity and flower flavor.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for eating fresh as a snack to hot dishes. The primary use is vinegar pickling as whole fruits (without the stems but with the seeds). Also good for making excellent semihot pepper sauces with a pleasant vigorous flavor.