Pepper 'Aji Habanero'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS1. Original Name: Aji Habanero.
2. History: Originating from South America where it is used to cook the Crema de Aji pepper sauce. Aji Habanero is a Capsicum Baccatum variety so it is not a true Habanero pepper (Capsicum Chinense). Scoville scale: 2,500-3,000 SHU.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. It can produce fruits for a long time. Suitable for growing in a greenhouse and outdoors. Medium-size plant, growing 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to tie the main stem.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated and tapered fruits with slight ribs. Weight: 0.14-0.25 oz. (4-7 g). The fruits are 2-2.4 in. (5-6 cm) long and up to 0.4 in. (1 cm) wide.
6. Color: The fruits are dark green at the mature-green stage. They turn yellow at a later stage. You can eat the fruits at this stage. They turn completely orange when fully ripe and then you can dry them.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet, juicy and crisp at first and later very hot. Fruity and flower flavor being smoky and resembling that of most Habanero varieties.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for eating fresh or making sauces, pickles or hot paprika. This pepper can dry extremely well (even right on the bush). For example, if you are not in a hurry to pick the fruits you will later pick 80% of them being perfectly dry without any spoiled flesh.