Tomato 'Vater Rhein'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS1. Original Name: Vater Rhein.
2. History: An old heirloom variety originating from Germany. Named after the Rhine (Rhein in German) River. Registered in one of the largest world gene banks, Institut für Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung (Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research) in Gaterslebenm, Germany.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thin stem, bent regular leaves. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Heart-shaped fruits with distinct pointed tips. Very beautiful. Weight: 5-9 oz. (150-250 g).
6. Color: Bright red, bright red in a cut as well.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly acidic, with a pleasant refreshing flavor. The flesh is meaty and buttery with few seeds.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, sauces, ketchup and juices.