- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Sweetie. Also known as Sweetie Cherry because it is a cherry tomato. In some sources, it is named as Burpee by mistake (Burpee is just the name of the seed producer).
2. History: A commercial variety from the USA. Bred and introduced by Petoseed Company (California, USA) as early as in 1980.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate, very tall bush, growing up to 8 feet (250 cm) tall. The trusses can be regular, double or with a lot of stems. There are 13-25 fruits per truss. The variety is very prolific.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to three or four main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: The trusses are long. The fruits are round and smooth. Weight: 0.5 oz. (15 g).
6. Color: The fruits mature to orange at first but turn bright red when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Very bright and sweet taste resembling that of sweets. Fruity flavor. The walls are crisp making this tomato really unique. The flesh is juicy.
8. Culinary Use: Kids like these tomatoes very much. An excellent snack to be picked right from the bush.