Tomato 'Sub-Arctic Cherry'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Sub-Arctic Cherry. Also known as Arctic Cherry.
2. History: Bred by the research station in Alberta in 1976. Intended for growing in cold climates (hence the word 'sub-arctic' or 'arctic' in the name).
3. Plant Specifications: A very short plant, growing up to 1-1.3 foot (30-40 cm). People often grow this tomato in pots, planters or baskets placing them in open and enclosed balconies as well as on window sills. Perfect for growing outdoors. Slightly sprawling palm-like bush. Regular leaf. Regular truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required but you can tie the plant if you wish.
5. Shape and Weight: Small round cherry-type fruits. Weight: 0.5-0.7 oz. (15-20 g).
6. Color: Pink and crimson fruits.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and pleasantly refreshing tomato taste so you cannot help eating these tomatoes! CRISP! The fruits are firm but not hard so they crackle slightly like cucumbers as you eat them.
8. Culinary Use: An all-purpose tomato. A good choice for canning, dish decoration or fresh salads. But the best way for you is to eat them fresh picking them right from the bush in your garden in the morning and enjoying their pure flavor.