Tomato 'Rosa Ple'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Rosa Ple (which means 'Rose Ple' in Catalonian). We assume that 'ple' in its name is an abbreviated form of 'pleated'.
2. History: A traditional heirloom variety from Catalonia (Spain). According to the legend, a gardener saw this beautiful tomato at his neighbor’s garden and stole one of these tomatoes at night to begin growing it in his garden in the 1960s and sharing its seeds with others.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Firm regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Heavily ribbed beefsteak fruits. The fruits are usually round (looking like ribbed summer squashes) but can be of an irregular shape as well. Weight: 17.6-24.7 oz. (500-700 g).
6. Color: Light pink and slightly opalescent. Very beautiful. The flesh is pink in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with a tomato flavor. The walls are thick and meaty. There are few seeds and there can be voids inside because of ribs.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads, juices and sauces. You can also stuff and bake them in an oven.