Tomato 'Purple Dragon'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Purple Dragon.
2. History: A variety from the USA. Developed by tomato breeder Mark McCaslin of Frogsleap Farm (Minnesota, USA).
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate tall bush, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall. The trusses are regular or double and produce 6-8 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Oval fruits. Weight: 1.4-2.1 oz. (40-60 g).
6. Color: The fruits are of a beautiful color. They are bright purple with distinct streaks and stripes at the mature-green stage. When fully ripe, they are almost black near the stem end while the rest of the fruit is red and covered with black and orange streaks. Light red in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet with a pleasant flavor. The flesh is juicy.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice both for eating fresh and for canning.