Tomato 'Orange russian 117'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Orange Russian 117. Also known as Dawson’s Russian Oxheart.
2. History: In spite of its name, this variety originates from the USA. Bred by American tomato breeder Jeff Dawson in the mid-1990s from a cross between Russian 117 and Georgia Streak.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Very beautiful heart-shaped fruits. The first trusses can produce fruits weighing up to 17.6 oz. (500 g) while other trusses produce smaller fruits weighing 7-10.6 oz. (200-300 g).
6. Color: Yellow with red and pink marbling in the upper part. The flesh is also yellow and pink in a cut when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet with a fruity and tomato flavor. The flesh is juicy and sugary in a cut.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for eating fresh. You can use smaller fruits for canning.