Tomato 'Oaxacan Jewel'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Oaxacan Jewel. Also known as Joya de Oaxaca.
2. History: An old pre-Columbian Mexican heirloom variety. The variety was named after Oaxaca, a Mexican state.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must. If you control the number of flowers in a truss you can produce fruits with the weight of up to 35 oz. (1 kg).
5. Shape and Weight: Large salad-type beefsteak fruits. Weight: 10.6-21 oz. (300-600 g).
6. Color: Bi-color being yellow at the mature-green stage and light orange with pink marbling in the upper part when fully ripe. The fruits are very beautiful in a cut being yellow with some pink in the middle.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart. Refreshing tomato flavor with a fruity aftertaste. The flesh is juicy and buttery.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for eating fresh and canning as juices and sauces.