Tomato 'Midnight Sun'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Midnight Sun.
2. History: Bred by tomato breeder Karen Olivier (Canada) as a cross between Ludmilla’s Pink Heart and Captain Lucky. Similar varieties are Taiga and True Colours.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thin stem, droopy potato leaves. 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Heart shape (oxheart). Weight: 7-14 oz. (200-400 g).
6. Color: Yellow with pink marbling being most prominent at the blossom end. The flesh is yellow with pink marbling in a cut as well. Bi-color.
7. Flavor Profile: The Midnight Sun tomatoes have a very tasty and sweet flesh with a refreshing tomato flavor. The flesh is buttery and juicy with few seeds.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, juices and canning.