Tomato 'Livingston’s Yellow Oxheart'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Livingston’s Yellow Oxheart.
2. History: An heirloom variety originating from the USA. Released by famous Livingston Seed Company as early as in 1929 and featured on the back cover of their 1933 Seed Annual.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-4 large fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Heart-shaped fruits with flat tips. Weight: 14.1-17.6 oz. (400-500 g).
6. Color: Yellow and orange, with orange flesh.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet without any tartness. The flesh is very meaty and sugary. There are very few seeds!
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for salads, juices, thick sauces, ketchup and canning.