Tomato 'Grosse des Marais'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Grosse des Marais (which means 'Big from the Marsh' in French). Also known as Big Marsh.
2. History: A very rare old heirloom variety originating from France. It used to be cultivated in the marshes near Reims (Champagne region, France) and that is why it was named this way.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-5 large fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Large fruits are flattened, round and slightly ribbed. Smaller fruits are round and elongated looking like apples and have just few ribs. The seed cavities have voids. Weight: 14.1-24.7 oz. (400-700 g).
6. Color: Pink and slightly opalescent. The flesh is of a deep pink color in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart, with a tomato flavor. The walls are very thick, meaty and sugary in a cut.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for salads, juices and thick sauces.