Tomato 'Green Giant'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Green Giant.
2. History: An old variety that became more popular in 2004. Distributed by German tomato breeder Reinhard Kraft.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing 5.2-6 feet (160-180 cm) tall. Thick stem, potato leaf. Regular truss, usually 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to one or two main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Beefsteak fruits with shallow ribs near the stem end. Weight: 7-10.6 oz. (200-300 g).
6. Color: Green maturing to olive-green and bronze with some yellow marbling when fully ripe. The flesh is green.
7. Flavor Profile: Bright taste being sweet and slightly tart. Fruity flavor resembling that of the kiwi fruits. The flesh is buttery, soft and juicy.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads, juices, sauces, paste, ketchup and canning.
Green tomatoes are a rich source of chlorophyll, a green pigment that removes harmful substances, supports our immune system and is very useful for those who suffer from an allergy caused by red vegetables and fruits. These tomatoes are also very tasty.