Tomato 'Violet Jasper'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Violet Jasper. Also known as Tzi Bi U.
2. History: A unique heirloom variety originating from China. First offered at Seed Savers 2009 Yearbook by Hristo Hristov from Bulgaria. The name of the variety was Tzi Bi U at that time, and this is the Chinese name of this variety.
3. Plant Specifications: Early-season. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. It can produce fruits for a very long time. This variety is very prolific.
4. Training Instructions: The bush can be trained to one, two or three main stems. Staking is a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Small smooth round fruits. Weight: 1.6-1.8 oz. (45-50 g).
6. Color: Exotic purple or crimson and red color with green streaks and stripes. The seed cavities are green in a cut, and the flesh is dark crimson.
7. Flavor Profile: This tomato has an excellent taste being very sweet with a fruity flavor. The flesh is soft and pleasant.
8. Culinary Use: A universal tomato being a good choice for fresh salads, dish decoration or canning of any kind.