Tomato 'Dwarf Waverley'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Dwarf Waverley. Also known as Waverley.
2. History: A release by the Dwarf Tomato Project. Developed by Patrina Nuske Small from the Rosy family, which originated from a cross between Rosella Purple and Orange Heirloom in 2008. Contributors involved in its further stabilization were Shawn Conant, Bill Minkey and John Dunton.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors but you can grow it in greenhouses as well. Short bush, determinate, growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall. Thick stem, rugose regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required but it is necessary to tie the longest stems as the fruits are heavy.
5. Shape and Weight: Salad-type beefsteak fruits, sometimes with shallow ribs near the stem end. Weight: 7-14.1 oz. (200-400 g).
6. Color: Pink. The flesh is pink as well.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart with pleasant tartness. Mild tomato flavor. The flesh is juicy and buttery.
8. Culinary Use: Delicious in fresh salads but also a good choice for juices and sauces.