Tomato 'Dwarf Purple Heart'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
A dream for those who love dark red heart-shaped tomatoes and medium-size bushes. An amazing combination.
1. Original Name: Dwarf Purple Heart.
2. History: A cross between Dwarf Wild Fred and Brad’s Black Heart. The starting seed sample was grown out by Bill Minkey (Wisconsin) in 2014. Further stabilized by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project (about 16 people). Selected and named by Vince Lavallo as Porky. Later renamed as Dwarf Purple Heart.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Determinate, medium-size bush, growing 3.3-4 feet (100-120 cm) tall. Thick dwarf stem. Regular leaf. Regular truss. 4-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required but it is recommended to remove the first two suckers below in order to train a dwarf bush. You should tie the main stem and later other stems (5-8 times).
5. Shape and Weight: Very beautiful heart-shaped tomatoes without any ribs and with pointed tips. Weight: 5.3-7 oz. (150-200 g).
6. Color: Purple or dark red with an olive-green crown-shaped spot near the stem end. Dark crimson in a cut. Very beautiful.
7. Flavor Profile: A pleasant taste being sweet and slightly tart. A spicy tomato flavor. The flesh is buttery, soft and plum-like. The balance of the flesh and juice is just perfect. No cracks on the skin.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads and canning as juices and sauces. Small tomatoes are good for canning whole tomatoes. Do not keep well after harvesting as the fruits get too soft.
Dwarf Purple Heart was released as a stable variety. Amazingly beautiful bushes with wonderful dark red heart-shaped tomatoes.