Tomato 'Dwarf Audrey's Love'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Dwarf Audrey’s Love.
2. History: A release by the Dwarf Tomato Project. A variety from the Kiwi family selected by Robin Bort (a participant of this project) and named after her mother. Other contributors were many other participants of the project including Craig LeHoullier and Bill Yoder. The final selection was done by Bill Minkey.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors but it is suitable for greenhouses as well. Determinate short bush, growing up to 2.6 feet (80 cm) tall. Thin stem, twisted regular leaves. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss. The plant produces clusters a little later than other varieties.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required but it is necessary to tie all of the longest stems. This is a bush-type variety.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated tapered paste fruits. Weight: 1.8-3.5 oz. (50-100 g).
6. Color: Brick-red with green and olive-green streaks and stripes. The flesh is red and brown.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart. Tomato flavor. The walls are thick and meaty.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, juices, sauces or canning whole tomatoes.