Tomato 'gold rush Currant'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Currant Gold Rush.
2. History: A variety originating from the Netherlands. A 'currant' variety of wild tomatoes. This 'micro-tomato' was selected by Dutch tomato breeder Kees Sahin.
3. Plant Specifications: One of the smallest tomatoes in the world! These exotic 'currant' tomatoes are very beautiful and super sweet. Mid-season. Firm, spreading and hanging plant. The bush can grow up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thin, long and knotted stems with very beautiful small leaves. The plant has a lot of trusses. The variety is very prolific. One or two bushes will produce enough fruits both for eating fresh and canning. If you grow more bushes you will not feel like harvesting them and they will serve as a decoration for your garden. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. You can also grow them in baskets or in containers in your balcony.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to 3-5 main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Small yellow fruits with the average diameter of 0.4 in. (1 cm) growing in tiny clusters. Weight: 0.07-0.1 oz. (2-3 g). Their clusters do look like those of currants.
6. Color: Yellow.
7. Flavor Profile: These fruits are so sweet that their taste resembles that of juicy candies with a tomato and fruity flavor. They also taste like unusual exotic berries. Kids will like these tomatoes very much! In addition, they are yellow so they are ideal for people who suffer from an allergy caused by red vegetables and fruits.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for dish decoration, salads or pizza. Very beautiful when used for canning.