Tomato 'Brutus Magnum'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Brutus Magnum.
2. History: A variety from Canada. Developed by Dr. Marv Meisner (Pennsylvania, USA) in 2011 from the seed stock Dr. Meisner received from Mario and Pietro Marchesan (Ontario, Canada). Introduced in the Seed Savers Yearbook in 2013.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for outdoors and a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-4 large fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must. It is also preferable to tie clusters with fruits.
5. Shape and Weight: Beefsteak fruits with rare ribs near the stem end. Weight: 17.6-24.7 oz. (500-700 g).
6. Color: Bright red, and the flesh is also red in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart. It also has a bright and intense tomato flavor. The flesh is meaty and sugary in a cut.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for making salads, juices, tasty thick sauces and ketchup.