Tomato 'Blue Green Zebra'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Blue Green Zebra.
2. History: Bred by well-known tomato breeder Tom Wagner (USA). Blue Green Zebra is a cross of Green Zebra (Tom Wagner’s most famous tomato variety) and Indigo Rose, a blue tomato developed by Dr. Jim Myers from the Oregon State University.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 5 feet (150 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: There are 5-6 round fruits per truss. Weight: 2.5-2.8 oz. (70-80 g).
6. Color: Unique tri-color fruits. When fully ripe, the fruits are black near the stem end while the main background is green with yellow stripes. Bright green in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Amazing taste! Very sweet with pleasant tartness. The flesh is very juicy and the walls are thick, sugary and buttery. Pure fruity flavor. Many of those who tasted Blue Green Zebra tomatoes really loved them.
8. Culinary Use: These tomatoes are perfect for eating fresh due to their excellent taste.