Tomato 'Black Prince'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Black Prince.
2. History: A well-known heirloom variety originating from Siberia. Developed by Soviet amateur tomato breeders from the Siberian city of Irkutsk in the middle of the 20th century. The variety was not popular in the USSR at that time. However, the seeds of this black tomato known as Black Prince were brought to the United States from Russia in the 1990s, and Nichols Garden Nursery introduced this new variety to the American market. Black Prince is on the State Register of the Russian Federation now. This variety should not be confused with Black Moor (also known as Black Mauri), a variety developed in China.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Perfect for growing both outdoors and in a greenhouse. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing 6-6.5 feet (180-200 cm) tall. Regular truss.
4. Training Instructions: The bush can be trained to two main stems.
5. Shape and Weight: Very beautiful fruits. Weight: 2.1-3.5 oz. (60-100 g).
6. Color: Red and brown. The fruits have a brown and green spot near the stem end being darker than the rest of the fruit.
7. Flavor Profile: Excellent taste being very sweet and even honey sweet with a pleasant well-balanced tomato flavor. The flesh is firm and juicy enough.
8. Culinary Use: A universal tomato being very delicious in fresh salads.