Tomato 'White Oxheart'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: White Oxheart.
2. History: A rare heirloom variety. According to some sources, this variety originates from Germany. According to other sources, it originates from the USA.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. A good choice for growing both in a greenhouse and outdoors.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Beautiful large heart-shaped (or strawberry-shaped) fruits. The fruits can weigh as much as 17.6-24.7 oz. (500-700 g) if you take care of the plants and use fertilizers on a regular basis. But their usual weight is 5.3-8.8 oz. (150-250 g).
6. Color: White and slightly yellow when fully ripe.
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet with a bright tomato flavor and a mild fruity aftertaste.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for fresh salads, dish decoration or snacks. Perfect for making ketchup, paste or juices of an unusual color. This is a real catch for people suffering from an allergy caused by red products!