Tomato 'Amethyst Jewel'
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Amethyst Jewel.
2. History: A variety from the USA. Bred by tomato breeder Brad Gates of Wild Boar Farms (California, USA). Introduced by Wild Boar Farms in 2013.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Round fruits. Weight: 2.8-3.5 oz. (50-100 g).
6. Color: A very attractive color! The fruits are of a light color and have blue and purple shoulders at the mature-green stage. When fully ripe, they turn black near the stem end, with light lilac marbling going to the hot pink upper part. Pink in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Delicious, sweet and slightly tart. A fruity tomato flavor. The flesh is juicy, buttery and meaty enough.
8. Culinary Use: Very delicious in fresh salads. Also a good choice for canning.