Tomato 'Thorburn''s terracotta'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS1. Original Name: Thorburn’s Terra-Cotta.
2. History: A very old heirloom. This variety was first introduced in 1893 by J.M. Thorburn & Company (USA). It was featured in the frontispiece for their catalogue. It was revived only in 1990 when William Woys Weaver received the seeds and distributed them. One of the parent varieties was the Peach variety.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for outdoors and a greenhouse. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 6 feet (180 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 3-5 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to train the bush to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Smooth flattened and round fruits. Weight: 5-7 oz. (150-200 g).
6. Color: The main color is copper brown (terra-cotta) with green shoulders. The flesh is yellow, green and pink with green seed cavities. It is a multicolored and beautiful tomato that will put you in a good mood.
7. Flavor Profile: The fruits are very delicious. It was selected for the frontispiece of the catalogue for good reason and it is so difficult to be featured there. It has an exquisite taste – very sweet with an excellent fruit-like flavor. The walls are thick, meaty and buttery.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads. There are tomato varieties that are ideal for eating fresh as a side dish. There is no need to process them or add any spices to them. They are delicious as they are.