Tomato "Huan U"
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: 黄玉 (pronounced as 'huángyù'). Translated as 'topaz'.
2. History: A variety from China. There is a related Chinese variety known as Tzi U (Purple Jasper, which is purple with green stripes).
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Tall bush, indeterminate, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. Regular truss, 6-7 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: Huan U can be trained to two or three main stems. Pruning and staking are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Smooth, round and glossy fruits. Weight: 1.7-2.5 oz. (50-70 g), cocktail type.
6. Color: Light yellow with prominent green stripes at the mature-green stage. When ripened, the yellow color becomes even lighter and green stripes become yellow and iridescent. The flesh is light yellow in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet with little acidity. Tomato and fruity flavor. The flesh is pleasant, soft and slightly sugary.
8. Culinary Use: A good choice for canning whole tomatoes or for fresh salads, juices and sauces.