Tomato 'Evil Olive'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Evil Olive.
2. History: Little is still known about its history. A recent variety from the USA.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for a greenhouse and outdoors. Indeterminate, tall bush, growing up to 6.5 feet (200 cm) tall. Thick stem, regular leaf. The truss is elongated and regular or has a lot of stems, with 8-15 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: It can be trained to two or three main stems, and staking and pruning are a must.
5. Shape and Weight: Round and smooth fruits. Weight: 0.7-1.4 oz. (20-40 g).
6. Color: Its unusual color is intriguing. These plain greenish and orange round fruits turn into wonderful gems when fully ripe. Green shoulders with the main background being olive-green and terra-cotta or green and orange. The flesh is red and carrot-colored!
7. Flavor Profile: Very sweet. There are gardeners who do not like the taste of yellow or orange tomatoes. But this variety is really tasty, sweet and full-flavored. The flesh is buttery and sugary, and the walls are thick.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for canning whole tomatoes as their skin does not crack. A good choice for thick sauces. A good slicer tomato for salads and pizza. Good for sun-drying as well. The fruits keep and transport well, and it is an all-purpose tomato.