Tomato 'Chocolate Champion'
- Availability: Out Of Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip lock 12 - 15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Chocolate Champion.
2. History: Developed by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project. A lot of people took part in the stabilization and selection process but the variety was named by Ray South. Introduced in 2014.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. Growing outdoors. Short dwarf bush, determinate, growing up to 2.6 feet (80 cm) tall. Thick stem, rugose regular leaf. Regular truss, 2-4 fruits per truss.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning or training is required. However, it is recommended to tie all of the longest stems.
5. Shape and Weight: Beefsteak fruits, sometimes with shallow ribs near the stem end. Weight: 5.3-10.6 oz. (150-300 g).
6. Color: Brown. The flesh is red and brown in a cut.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart. Spicy and smoky tomato flavor. The flesh is juicy and meaty enough.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, juices, sauces and canning.