Eggplant "Listada de Gandia"
- Availability: In Stock
PACKAGING: Sachet Zip-lock 12-15 SEEDS
1. Original Name: Listada de Gandia (which means 'Grown in Gandia' in Spanish).
2. History: An old variety from Spain, which is still popular there. The name of this variety (Listada de Gandia) refers to the exact location where it became popular, i.e. to Gandia, a municipality in the province of Valencia (Spain).
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Short bush, growing 1.6-2 feet (50-60 cm) tall. Thick stem, large green leaves.
4. Training Instructions: It is recommended to tie the stems. The bush can fall because of heavy fruits.
5. Shape and Weight: Elongated and thick cylindrical fruits. Weight: 7-10.6 oz. (200-300 g).
6. Color: Frequent lilac-colored stripes on the white background. The flesh is snow-white.
7. Flavor Profile: The flesh has a very pleasant taste without any bitterness.
8. Culinary Use: An all-purpose eggplant variety being perfect for frying, stewing or canning.